Sent: from the Greek apostello (compare “apostolic”), to commission, set apart for a special service, send a message by someone, send out with a mission to fulfill, equip and dispatch one with the full backing and authority of the sender.
WHO IS IT FOR?
SFYA is designed for young men and women aged 19 to 30 who desire to build successful connections, have fun and fellowship with other young adults and learn godly principles to launch them into their adult life.
WHAT DO WE DO THERE?
Young Adults ministry meets once a month for food, fellowship, fun activities and/or outings and challenging teachings on the Word of God. The atmosphere is welcoming, friendly, open and relaxed, with an emphasis on the young adults’ inputs, questions and suggestions.
WHERE DO WE MEET?
Young Adults ministry meets at Destiny & Dominion location, at 40 Colville Rd (1 bock South of Lawrence Ave., off Keele St.). Whenever there are outings, we will meet and greet at church, and then leave to our destination.
WHAT IS THE VISION?
Young Adults ministry main goal is to gather, bring together and equip young adults to successfully understand their position in this season of their lives in order for them to take hold of their destiny and live a fruitful and victorious Christian life.
Life Is Better Together!
Marriage & Family
Dating & Relationships
Social Media Addiction
Christmas Convo II
TOPICS & ACTIVITIES
TOPICS OF STUDY
- Juggling act: work and studies
- Purity: “Everybody’s doing it...why shouldn’t you?”
- Dating vs. Courting: what’s the difference?
- Conquering the fear of commitment
- Every young adult’s dilemma: moving out or staying home?
- Honouring parents while remaining independent
- Leaving the teenage years behind
- How to choose a career: is it all about the money?
- Finding your call in life: it’s never too early!
- How to deal with worldly mindsets and expectations
- How to choose meaningful friends
- Becoming your best self or how to prepare for a mate
- Getting over it: how to deal with disappointments
- Money matters: how to tame the beast
- Series: The Firsts (job, time away from home, date, heartbreak, paycheck, etc)
- Eating out at culturally diverse restaurants
- Shopping events (with theme and budget!)
- Outdoors (picnics, hiking, swimming, sports)
- Visits to different events (museums, exhibits, concerts, speakers)
- Theme Days
- Potlucks (to practice our cooking abilities!)
- Thanksgiving, Christmas, Easter, and other holiday-related events
- Movie Nights (with popcorn and all!)